T1D Fun With Bollywood
In March 2019, our gang took a trip to Hyderabad and Tadoba Tiger Reserve from Pune. It was a long train journey back home, and how do we Indians kill time in such a journey? We play antakshari! And that’s when Sagar and Chinmay shared their brilliant idea of creating a playlist that an Indian living with T1D can relate to!
Who said living with T1D cannot be fun? Here is our list of top 10 Bollywood songs dedicated to Indians living with T1D:
1.When the reality of living with T1D kicks in, and you have millions of questions with no answers:
It is okay to not be like everyone around you. You are meant to stand out. Never forget that.
2. Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery:
We beg to differ though; recovery (reversal, to be very precise) from T1D is not yet possible! We embrace our T1D, and we thrive with it. Also, watch Chinmay talking during our campaign #HowT1MadeMeBetter.
3. But initially, everything around you just irritates you for no apparent reason:
Living with T1D is an unpaid full time job with no holidays. Oh dear God, why are you doing this to me? Where’s the cure?
4. And suddenly you realize that you might be high:
Gotcha! It was the high BG talking. Yeah, hyperglycemia can make you angry over trivial reasons. Stay calm; it’s absolutely doable!
5. Okay then let’s stop being high:
6. Oops, you over-corrected!:
Trapped in a vicious cycle of highs and lows, eh? Don’t lose control though; see what Madhura has to say how she treats her hypoglycemia during our #HypoHacks campaign.
7. People, where’s the sugar?:
Would you shut the fridge door? You don’t want to go high again. Theoretically, a low BG should be corrected with a calculated amount of glucose only. Have you read our hypo management blog and watched Sagar’s #HypoHacks campaign video yet?
8. Three months later, you hit your target Hba1c, woohoo!:
In the end, not eating junk food and exercising pays off! (Psst: low carb)
9. Your life has taken a 180-degree turn , and you have started making sense of your T1D:
10. Finally, all is well!:
Together we are stronger!